Monday, April 13, 2009

Sonic Duelist Episode 20

Sonic Duelist: Evolution, Episode 20

Arms aflutter


Sonic woke up to shouting, and the smell of smoke.

“What the?” Sonic said, to no one.

When Sonic opened the door, there was a- “Pyramid?” Sonic said.

The pyramid was set ablaze. Smoke tingled Sonics nose. The heat burned at his face. And the bright fire scorched his eyes.

“Where am I?”

“You, my friend, are in my past!” Shalar said.

“Huh?” Sonic said.

“Well, I don’t know. All I know is that this is my past. I saved a boy from that pyramid. His name was Robotnic!” Shalar said, turning to watch himself run into the blazing fire.

“Follow him, uh, me!” Shalar said, pointing at the entrance that younger Shalar ran into.

Sonic ran up to the entrance, and the flames started to burn into his shirt.

“Darn, I can’t see!” Sonic said, coughing from time to time.

The smoke hit his face like a rushing bull. Then came young Shalars voice. “Young prince of the far! Where are thou?”

“I’m here!” Came the sound of a child’s voice.

“Thank the gods I have found thee!” Young Shalar shouted.

What a meat-head!” Sonic mumbled.

“Young prince Robotnic, if you are to die this day, you will not be alone! If you die, your people will die, Susan will die!” Young Shalar said.

“No! Not Susan!” Robotnic shouted. “If she is to die, I will fall to ash!”

“That’s why I must get you out of here!” Young Shalar said.

The boy (Shalar) raced down corridors, followed by Sonic (from a distance.)

They left the exit and there stood Shalar, the normal one.


Then the surroundings changed, there was no pyramid, and no smoke.

Instead, there was a throne, on which sat an older Robotnic, compared to the last one.

“Please, young master, don’t do this to me!” Shouted an older version of the last Shalar.

“I- I have no choice! You- betrayed me, Shalar.” Robotnic said, with a straight face.

“For the gods sake man, Susan is older then you! Did you really think she would accept your proposal?” Shalar shouted.

“I- Well, if she didn’t, I would force her to!” Robotnic shouted.

“For the gods sake, she would murder herself! She would never marry a child!” Shalar shouted, ruffling the chains that bound his wrist to two guards.

“SHUT UP!” Robotnic shouted, tears rolling down his face.

“No! She would NEVER say yes to a child like you! She would hang herself, better yet, stab herself before she married the likes of you!” Shalar shouted, spitting in Robotnics eye.

“BITE ME!” Robotnic shouted, kicking Shalar in the face.

“Susan, WHERE IS SHE!” Shalar said, getting right back to his knees (since he could only get to his knees.)

“She will end up with you! In the gates of hell!” Robotnic shouted.

“Shows what you know! The only place angels can go are heaven!” Shalar shouted, grinning.

“Errr.” Robotnic murmured.

“You wouldn’t hang my love!” Shalar said, spitting on a guards shoe.

“Oh, but it’s happening as we spea-“ Robotnic started, as a blue light glowed from outside a window.

“As I said, the only place angels go is heaven! And the gods don’t want her yet, she serves a purpose! As do I!” Shalar shouted, smiling. He slid an emerald out from his pocket.

“May the gods watch over you.” Shalar said. Then with a green light, he was gone.


Sonic woke up (For real) to a black room, all he saw was Shalar, standing there.

“That happened right before the beast was unleashed, and I was sealed in my own emerald, as was my love.”

“Shalar… I’ll-“ Sonic started.

“No, it was meant for her to live in the blue emerald. As was I.” Shalar said.

Then he was gone, there was only the boys side of the cottage.

Sonic went out early, before any one else woke up. He made his way to the cliff. And sat on it’s edge.

“Why, why was I shone Shalars past?” Sonic asked.

“Because you need to know.” Said that voice.

“Huh? Bad explanation.” Sonic said.

“Sonic?” Came the voice of Amy.

“Huh?” Sonic gasped. He had forgotten, that he was back in the real world, uh, Evolution.

“Hmmm, I wouldn’t have thought you’d come back here, I mean, after the fall.” Amy said. She wore a fur coat, over her clothes, she had her arms crossed, she looked cold.

ACK! Sonic just started feeling cold too!

“Oh my gosh! I just noticed how cold it is!” Sonic shouted. Pulling his shirt over his knees.

“Here, want my coat?” Amy asked.

“Naw, you’d turn into a pink ice pop!” Sonic said, giving a little shutter.

Amy sat down next to him, looked down the cliff and sighed.

“What?” Sonic said, looking over at her.

“Nothing.” Amy said, frowning. “This coat isn’t warm enough. Wish it was made out of a real animal, not one of the most coldest duel monsters there is!”

Sonic stared at her, she did look cold. Then something hit Sonics nose.

“Snow?” Sonic said.

“Oh-no!” Amy said.

“Lets get back, the gang should be getting up soon.” Sonic said, staring at the clouds. “Looks like a blizzard.”

Amy went to push herself up, and accidentally touched Sonics hand.

Amy’s cheeks went red.

Sonic smiled, got up and offered her a hands up.

They walked back to cottage, side by side. Sonic had pulled his arms into his shirt, to keep from freezing to death.

Amy was shivering.

Sonic stared at the ground, it was still a long ways back. And he didn’t want Amy to die before they even got to finish off the Dark Lord.

He pulled an arm out of his shirt and rapped it around Amy.

Amy was shocked.

Sonic just stared ahead, not looking at her. So she leaned her head on his shoulders.

When they made it back to the cottage, and got into warmer cloths.

No comments:

Post a Comment